APMP Capture Practitioner- 9/10/13/14 Nov 2023
Online APMP Capture Pracitioner Course - four sessions
First session: 9 Nov 2023 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm (UK Time)
Second session: 10 Nov 2023 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm (UK Time)
Third session: 13 Nov 2023 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm (UK Time)
Fourth session: 14 Nov 2023 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm (UK Time)
APMP Capture Practitioner online course
APMP’s Capture Practitioner certification is designed for industry professionals who specialise in capture, business development, opportunity management and pursuit. If you’re in sales, business development, or a bid or proposal specialist who gets involved in the early stages of the pursuit, then this is the qualification for you!
Our research shows that most buyers have a clear idea of who they think will win before issuing the RFP. It’s vital that you’re better prepared – and have done more to influence the customer – than your competitors. Effective opportunity/capture plan development is critical if you want to get your organisation in to the best position to win an RFP process or even avoiding a competitive bid.
We’ll cover the following topics over four virtual three-hour sessions:
- An overview of the APMP certification programme, and how the Capture Practitioner exam works
- Opportunity/capture plan development and scheduling – developing and maintaining a plan that is structured, dynamic and agreed across your busines
- Team selection and management – how to ensure you have the right team aligned, senior leadership engagement and buy-in and clear objectives for all involved
- Strategy and tactics – reviewing topics such as customer’s buying cycles, value propositions, teaming, handling objections and winning strategies
- Reviews and gate decision management – how to smoothly navigate and lead decision-makers and contributors through multiple gate decisions and reviews
- Pricing to win – customer and competitor analysis and the fine balance of value v cost
- Presentation and persuasive communications – preparing and presenting compelling content and presentations that positively persuade your audience
- Negotiation – techniques for generating a successful win-win outcome
- Self-leadership, leading others and stakeholder management – we’ll cover communication skills including leadership, delegation, teamwork and conflict management.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost? £635+VAT per person, including exam fee.
- What’s included? The fee includes the online training and the APMP exam fee. Payment must be received in full before the first course date.
- How do I join APMP? You must be a member of APMP to attend the course, access the online “Study Guide” and sit the exam. If you’re not already a member, you’ll need to go to APMP’s website and sign up via the “Regular / Individual Membership” option (not included in your course fee).
Please note that the surname we use to book your exam paper must exactly match the surname on your APMP membership. So if you’ve changed your name recently please do make sure you check carefully.
- What technology will be used? We’ll present the course using Microsoft Teams. We’ll send you sign-in details once you’ve registered.
- Is there any pre-reading? To achieve Capture Practitioner certification, you need to have studied the appropriate elements of the APMP Body of Knowledge (BOK):
- Opportunity/capture plan development and scheduling
- Team selection and management
- Strategy and tactics
- Reviews and gate decision management
- Pricing to win
- Presentation and persuasive communications
- Leading others
- Stakeholder management
We recommend you read the Opportunity & Capture Practitioner OTE Preparation Guide v2.1 which you'll find on the APMP’s website. We also strongly suggest you take the practice exam paper which is available.
- How do I register for the online exam? We recommend you book your exam as soon as possible after the last day of the training and after APMP have provided you with an exam link
- What’s the pass mark? The assessment comprises a multiple-choice examination of 80 questions. The pass mark is 40.
- What if I fail? We hope you won’t! But if you don’t pass, you’ll have to wait six months before re-sitting the exam. The cost of the re-sit is not included in the fee for this course.
|Event Date||09 Nov 2023 - 2:00 pm (UK Time)|
|Event End Date||14 Nov 2023 - 5:00 pm (UK Time)|
|Individual Price||£635 + VAT where applicable|