APMP Writing Certification - 29 & 30 Nov 2023
Online APMP Writing Certification Course - Two sessions
First session: 29 November 2023 2.30pm - 6pm (UK Time)
Second session: 30 november 2023 2.30pm - 6pm (UK Time)
APMP WRITING CERTIFICATION ONLINE COURSE
Our APMP writing certification course will lead you through the exam syllabus, maximising your chance of passing.
With 15 years as an approved APMP training organisation, we have an unparalleled pass rate. We receive outstanding feedback on our courses, which draw on our extensive real-world experience of helping teams to win bids and build better proposal capabilities. Join us to explore the latest best practice and industry insights and gain practical new ideas!
Topics covered include:
- How the writing exam works
- Customer focus
- Writing clearly
- Review management
- Compliance & responsiveness
- Features, benefits and discriminators
- Unseating the incumbent
- Proof points
- Hot buttons
- Content plans & designs
- Actions captions, graphics and multimedia
- Value propositions
- Interviewing SMEs
- Q&A proposals
- Proposal libraries
- Theme statements
- Proactive proposals
- Next steps - scheduling your time slot to sit the exam online.
We’ve had great feedback from bid writers and managers, plus SMEs who've already attended this course. So, join us to understand how to pass this important qualification!
"I thought the course was excellent. The detail provided and explanations behind the ideas was at the perfect level. It was full of real, actionable points and great content that I will use daily, not just in bids. My team is involved in the speculative production of proposals to customers, so near everything we spoke about in the course resonated with me.”
“I found it really useful because what was really clear from it is I very much write in terms of features instead of tangible benefits and probably also write far too technically. I now properly understand why we talk about hot buttons for the customers and how to weave them in.”
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost? The course costs £485 (plus VAT if you are in the UK). You will be liable for any local withholding taxes where applicable.
- What’s included? The fee includes the online training and the cost for registation to the exam. Payment must be received in full before the first course date.
- How do I join APMP? You must be a member of APMP to attend the course. If you’re not already a member, you’ll need to go to APMP’s website and sign up via the “Regular / Individual Membership” option (not included in your course fee). Please note that the surname we use to book your exam paper must exactly match the surname on your APMP membership. So if you’ve changed your name recently please do make sure you check carefully.
- What are the course dates? The course will be split over two sessions. The dates and timings are at the top of this page.
- What technology will be used? We’ll present the course using MS Teams and you will be sent a calendar invitation with the links.
- Is there any pre-reading? We recommend that you read through APMP’s Body of Knowleddge, available to members via this link, using the same email address and password that you’ll have set up for the main APMP website (apmp.org).
- How do I register for the online exam? We’ll register you with APMP’s exam board, APM Group. They’ll then email you directly, after the first course, with a link that you can follow to sit the exam online. You can do this at a date / time of your own choosing: we recommend you sit the exam within a few days of the second class. The exam lasts 55 minutes. If English is not your first language, you will be granted 20% extra time.
- What’s the pass mark? The assessment comprises a multiple-choice examination. The pass mark is 33/50.
- What if I fail? We hope you won’t! But if you don’t pass, you’ll have to wait six months before re-sitting the exam.
- What materials can I consult? The exam is ‘open book’, so you will be able to have open copies of the slides, the study guide and other material we’ll provide during the course.
- What’s the cancellation policy? If you choose to cancel your place on the course after paying, or do not attend, then no refunds will be payable.
|Event Date||29 Nov 2023 - 2:30 pm (UK Time)|
|Event End Date||30 Nov 2023 - 6:00 pm (UK Time)|
|Individual Price||£485 + VAT where applicable|